My Makeup Tips and Tricks

I love makeup, I am not a professional or anything but I like to play around with it and I think I've learn a lot in the last couple of years. I thought I would share some of these tips and tricks with you today in hope that it can perfect your game,
Don't fear the eyeliner
Eyeliner can be both the hardest and most important part of a makeup look. We all mess it up every once in a while and there is nothing more infuriating than messing up all of your hard work. Practice truly does make perfect and sometimes being nervous about something can make it the worst. I think my eyeliner looks the best when I get past the nerves take a deep breath and paint with a steady confident hand. It doesn't matter what type of eyeliner you use gel, liquid, crayon or kajal eyeliner looks best when you just go along with it and practice.
Concealer and Q-Tips can be you best friend
I mess up at least once every time I do my makeup. Whether it is a mascara smudge, an over drawn lip or a not so precise wing I use Q-tips or concealer to clean it up like nothing ever happened. I am telling you even if YouTube sensations or the Jenner clan do not talk about it there is no way that they did not pick up either of these items to fix something, and there is always something.
Water can pump up your eye shadow
We've all heard about expensive sprays to use on a brush or pigment to pump it up and make it more build able. You don't need to buy these options though just add a little bit of water to your brush before dipping it in the shadow. I keep a small spray bottle on my makeup desk and I will use this for both my drug store and high end shadows. A little bit of this can make any shadow more pigmented and less sheer and can change any look for the better. It's also a lot cheaper than Mac fix plus.
Tape
Place a little bit of tape on the back of your hand to take away some of the glue, you can now use this to sharpen any eye shadow, pick up glitter. and remove pesky eyeshadow pigment from your face. I use it for a sharper eyeliner, a cleaner blend and to keep my skin disco ball free. Just  make sure you remove some glue before hand so it doesn't pull at your skin to much.
Liquids then powders
I do not know if I even have to say this but put all your liquids on first then all of your powders. This will set your makeup and keep it from getting too cake-y.
Know your skin type
Good makeup application begins with your skin. You need to know your skin type to know what would look best on it. If you have oily skin a matte look would be best for you, you want to make sure that your foundation is not to dewy and that you use less highlighter to keep your skin looking perfect. If you have dry skin like myself hydration is key and you have to keep moisturizer and smooth foundations on hand.  You should keep all this in mind while looking for new products.
Do what makes you happy
Forget the normal if you want purple eye shadow put on purple eye shadow. If everything should be glittery make it glittery and don't care what people say or think it is all about you.
Know how to make the illusion work
Do you want your eyes to look bigger add white to your water line. Do you want a smaller nose? Contour is your friend. Know what you want to improve and highlight on your face and work with it.
Application is key
Makeup looks best when you work slowly and deliberately. A terrible brush will result in terrible application. So if you want to amp up your makeup game you might want to consider some good brushes or makeup sponges.
Don't get swept up in the hype
With social networking pushing products and styles in our face it is really important to stay away from all of the hype. Just because of the products brand or spokes person impresses you doesn't mean that it is going to be good. Test out the product before you invest because you can't just go off of what others say.
Other tips and tricks
Your eyebrow should have different textures so try a brow mascara over your gel or dip brow.
Two contour colors will make your contour more realistic so try mixing.
Color match your foundation to your chest or neck because your face is often lighter than the rest of you.
Be at least a little familiar with the color wheel. It is best to know what colors go together and how to mix them.
Take care of your skin an moisturize.
Practice and have fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piercings, types and what I have

It's music, it's spiritual.