My Trip to Ireland


Ireland is my favorite places to visit, not only because of its astounding beauty or the weather -which seems to always be at its worst when I am there- but because it is the home of my family.

When my mother was about the age I am now she packed up her belongings and left Ireland, the home of her mother as well as her four siblings. Much to my brothers dismay, when my mother started her family we traveled from Zurich Switzerland to America and have only returned to Ireland as guests.
Currently, we are the only ones from my mothers side of the family to leave Ireland let alone move to the United States. Since I was a child some of my fondest memories where of Ireland, spending time with my family, my grandmothers and experiencing things that I would not be able to in the States.
I have a large family, with twenty-one cousins, I find that when I visit there is never nothing to do and this trip was no different.
My mornings tended to begin when my mother woke me up - I would have slept the day away due to jet lag- and from that moment on we where on the go. I spent my days laughing with my cousins, shopping, playing charades and playing Mario Brothers. One of my cousins in particular is five years old and he always kept me busy, handing me toys to play with and crayons commanding me to color things in specific colors.There where so many things to catch up on and sadly, the trip did not seem long enough to all that we wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Piercings, types and what I have

My Makeup Tips and Tricks

It's music, it's spiritual.